Town of Turner Valley

All Permit Applications and fees are to be submitted to our office for processing. Once paid or fees are charged to your account, copies of your permit documents will be emailed to you, if an email is provided. Otherwise copies will be mailed or faxed. If you are a contractor, a business license from the Town of Black Diamond OR the Town of Turner Valley is required prior to your permit being issued. Business Licenses are verified prior to the issuance of any permits.

How long is your permit good for? If your permit remains open after 1 year from date of issuance, a timeframe extension must be obtained. This fee is 25% of your original permit fee, with a minimum of $100. This fee is payable prior to the extension being completed and required to keep your permit active and valid. Please supply your request in writing, along with the timeframe you are requesting the extension for.

When should you call for an inspection? Your required inspection stage(s) may be found on your permit under “Permit Conditions”. You will also note on your permit that work needs to start within 90 days and must continue every 120 days. This is in accordance with the Safety Codes Act, legislated by the province of Alberta. We follow up on all permits issued to ensure this criteria is met and that your project is moving forward and to ensure no vital inspection stages are met. If any scope or needs of your project change, where these timeframes cannot be met, please contact our team to arrange and establish alternate arrangements. Any work started prior to the issuance of required permits may be subject to a penalty of double permit fees.

BUILDING PERMITS: A grade slip is to be provided with your permit application for new construction or re-development.
If you would like to cancel your permit prior to any inspections being conducted, 50% of your permit fee will be refunded. If any inspections have been completed, no refund will be processed.

Please feel free to contact our team for any questions or additional details or contact the Town of Turner Valley at 403-933-4944.

Complete the Credit Card Authorization form to create an account for your company or we can keep it on file for the duration of your project. We offer credit to our contractors, and can charge your card automatically with each permit or monthly, upon your request.

Required Documents & Downloads

Below you will all of the PDF checklists, templates, code information and necessary documents for your permitting process.

Permit Fees

Energy Code Information