Lethbridge County

All Permit Applications and fees are to be submitted to our office for processing. Once paid or fees are charged to your account, copies of your permit documents will be emailed to you, if an email is provided. Otherwise copies will be mailed or faxed.

How long is your permit good for? Dependent on your scope of work and project-your permit has a timeframe upon which work needs to be completed. This is in accordance with the Municipality’s Quality Management Plan, which sets the framework for when projects need to be inspected and how long the permits can be valid for. This timeframe is noted on your permit. You may receive an extension if needed. This needs to be supplied to our office in writing and noting the additional time you are requesting.

When should you call for an inspection? Your required inspection stage(s) may be found on your permit under “Permit Conditions”.
You will also note on your permit that work needs to start within 90 days and must continue every 120 days. This is in accordance with the Safety Codes Act, legislated by the province of Alberta. We follow up on all permits issued to ensure this criteria is met and that your project is moving forward and to ensure no vital inspection stages are met. If any scope or needs of your project change, where these timeframes cannot be met, please contact our team to arrange and establish alternate arrangements. You may cancel your permit if your project is not going ahead or your circumstances have changed. If a permit is expired, no refund is given.

If solar panels are being mounted on an existing building they require a building permit as well as the electrical permit. If they are mounted on an existing building they do not require a Development Permit but must satisfy the requirements of their bylaw. (Part 6, section2-solar collectors a & b)
Any new dwellings constructed in the Edgemoor Subdivision require a fire suppression/sprinkler system. This is listed as a restricted covenant on the title of each parcel. Any parcel 2 acres or under require a soil evaluation as part of your Development Application to ensure your site considerations and plotting has included a private sewage treatment and that the soil is suitable to provide treatment. Contact Planning & Development at Lethbridge County for more details.

Please feel free to contact our team for any questions or additional details or contact Lethbridge County at 403-328-5525.

Complete the Credit Card Authorization form to create an account for your company or we can keep it on file for the duration of your project. We offer credit to our contractors, and can charge your card automatically with each permit or monthly, upon your request.

Required Documents & Downloads

Below you will all of the PDF checklists, templates, code information and necessary documents for your permitting process.

Permit Fees

Energy Code Information